So a member of the Church of the Perpetually Offended in Virginia has demanded that the local school district remove from school libraries copies of Mark Twain’s “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” and Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird” because, as the Washington Post reported, “of the books’ use of racial slurs.”
Marie Rothstein-Williams claims the books “disturbed her teenage son, a biracial student.”
To which the only appropriate response should be…
“Suck it up, buttercup!”
Seriously, if we’re ever to make America great again it’s long past time to stop caving into and coddling these politically correct, race-hustling ninnyhammers (my new favorite word for idiots).
It’s time to once again teach our kids the old rule about “sticks and stones,” as well as heaping ridicule on Speech Police nannies who try to make censorship mountains out of such molehills.
And, um, that includes the Washington Post.
First for even reporting on this “story.” Talk about “fake news”!
And secondly for being so politically correct that it wouldn’t even publish the word found in the books that Rothstein-Williams claims has so scarred her son – who, I wouldn’t be surprised, probably never even read either one.
Can we all grow up here and acknowledge that the word everybody is so gingerly dancing around is “nigger”?
Not “the n-word.”
After all, it’s just a word.
And it was used in a historically accurate context from back in a day when there was real racism in this country – unlike the manufactured faux “rampant racism” the race hustlers continue to claim exists in an era when a black man (okay, half-black) was elected president… TWICE.
And it’s the same word used casually and without thought every day by millions of black youth and immortalized in thousands of rap songs.
But God help any white person today who dares use it in ANY context – even to report on a ridiculous effort to censor a pair of great American classic novels.
We, as a nation, need to get beyond this hypocritical foolishness.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Anyone who wants to understand exactly what President-elect Donald Trump is doing, why and how as far as putting his administration together should read his book, “The Art of the Deal.” Anyone wanting to emulate his financial success should pick up a copy of his book, “Think Like a Billionaire.”
Anyone with no interest, no ambition and no hope can register to vote Democrat at any government-owned and operated DMV. That is all.
- Trump Threatens 35 Percent Tax on Outsourcers
- Priebus: Trump May Expand Secretary of State Search
- Jon Huntsman Ahead of Romney, Giuliani for State
- Gingrich: Trump Running State Dept. Vetting Like ‘The Apprentice’
- Conway: Clinton Blew It Picking Kaine Over Sanders
- Petraeus: Trump More ‘Pragmatic’ Than His Rhetoric
- Pence: Call to ‘Taiwan President’ Just a ‘Courtesy’
- Gen Hayden: CIA Pick Pompeo Has Intel Community Support
- Republicans Praise Trump on Taiwan; China Launches Complaint
- Report: ‘Desperate’ Weiner Hitting Up Restaurant Friends for Jobs
- Gun-Rights Backers Vow to ‘Go on Offense’ During Trump Years
- Guns at Zoos? Texas Says No While Struggling to Tame Rules
- Joe Lieberman: My Fear for Democrats Is That the ‘Left-Left’ Will Take Over
- Rapper Snoop Dogg Bashes Colin Kaepernick for ‘Hypocritical’ Castro Comments
* * * It’s the most…wonderful time…in eight years! Get into the “right” Christmas spirit with this most excellent video parody celebrating the November election. Click here (Hat tip: Tammy Cali)
* * * Hillary Clinton lost Pennsylvania for the second time this election after a boneheaded recount engineered by gadfly Green Party candidate Jill Stein was abandoned this weekend. Hillary will also lose a second time in both Michigan and Wisconsin after recounts in those states are completed.
The only thing better than beating Crooked Hillary on November 8th is beating her again and again in these temper-tantrum recounts!
* * * President-elect Donald Trump accepted a congratulatory phone call from Taiwan’s democratically-elected president on Friday, and the “hyper-sensitive” Communist Chinese are having a cow over it.
The simple act of talking on the phone for 10 minutes has been described as a “breach of protocol” and a “provocation” – and China has “lodged an official complaint with the United States.”
Oh, puh-lease. Suck it up, buttercup!
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
So more Las Vegas Strip casinos are following MGM’s lead and will now charge a fee for the privilege of parking your car on their property while gambling, dining or entertaining. It’s the latest insult to Vegas veterans who remember the “good old days” before the corporate bean counters took over.
There’s only one thing to do…
If these casinos are going into the new “parking” business to raise millions of dollars for their shareholders, then their parking revenue should be taxed and the money earmarked to funding Nevada’s Education Savings Accounts (ESAs).
- Heller won’t rule out run for Nevada governor in 2018
- Orrock: Conservative “Doubting Thomases” Need to Grow Up & Get off Trump’s Back
- Weinberg: I’ll Wait to See Hamilton on Netflix and Skip the Lecture from the Arrogant Posers
- The 1 Thing Top Performers Ask Before Taking Any Job
- How to Spot (And Keep) the Best People on Your Staff
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
All of today’s Famous Last Words are brought to you by President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee – who Trump described as the “closest thing we have to Gen. George Patton” – as the next Secretary of Defense, retired Marine Corps General James “Mad Dog” Mattis (hat tip: Conservative Review)…
“Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
“I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”
“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
“You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.”
“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.” (Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders)
“Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” (Advice to soldiers before second Iraq invasion)
“Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”