(Melody Howard/Active Republican Women) – Assembly Bill 108 was introduced on January 31, 2011 and “Eliminates the deadline for registering to vote in an election.” This bill would establish “SAME DAY VOTER REGISTRATION” at the polls.
Currently, this Bill is before the Committee of Legislative Operations and Elections, and Chaired by Senator Parks (D). Of the five (5) committee members, two (2) are Republicans: Senator Barbara Cegavske and Senator James Settelmeyer.
If you would like to voice your opinion to the Committee, you can call, email, or fax (contact information below) ~ or you can go to the legislative website and cast your vote on whether you are “for” or “against” the Bill, and leave an opinion if you want. This is a very fast and simple way to express your opinion.
1. Go to the website located here;
2. Scroll down until you get to the box titled “Bill Information and Opinion.”
3. Click on the drop down box where it states “Select Bill,” and scroll through for AB108 (both Assembly and Senate Bills are posted in this box), or you can type in “AB108.”
4. Under “Your View,” click “For” or “Against.” If you want to leave a comment, there is a box on the side where you leave your comment.
5. Type in your Constituent Information (this is confidential, but required to determine your legislative district), and click Submit. If you plan to comment on several Bills, you may want to click “Remember Me” so you don’t have to keep typing your information every time. If you want to view the opinions that have been posted, click on the link titled “View Other Comments for this Bill.”
If you prefer to call, email, of fax the Committee Members:
Chairman: Senator David Parks (D)
email@example.com (775) 684- 6504
Vice Chairman: Senator Mo Denis (D)
(702) 743-3571 (fax)
Senator Steven Horsford (D)
firstname.lastname@example.org (775) 684-1429
(702) 631-6400 (fax)
Senator Barbara Cegavske (R)
(702) 222-9909 (fax)
Senator James Settelmeyer (R)
(775) 450-6114 (fax)
Thank you for your support and all you do! Please forward this to your conservative Nevada contacts.