(NN&V Staff) – Today, Governor Joe Lombardo announced several new boards and commissions appointments for June and July 2023. Key appointments include:
Dallas Haun, Nevada Athletic Commission
“Dallas is a dedicated businessman and philanthropist, and he’s an all-around outstanding Nevadan,” said Governor Joe Lombardo. “I’m excited to announce Dallas’s appointment to the Nevada Athletic Commission, and I know the commission will again benefit from his decades of exceptional leadership.”
Haun has served as the Chairman of Nevada State Bank since 2007, and he brings more than 30 years of strong commercial banking expertise and substantial managerial experience to the position. He previously served on the Nevada Athletic Commission from 2018 to 2021.
Additionally, Haun served as a commissioner for the Nevada Commission on Tourism, member of the board of the Las Vegas Stadium Authority, and as a member of the board of the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
John T. Moran III and Stanley Olsen, Nevada Commission on Ethics
“I’m pleased to announce my appointment of John T. Moran III and Stanley Olsen to the Nevada Commission on Ethics,” said Governor Joe Lombardo. “Personally and professionally, John and Stan both exemplify the core values of the commission, and I’m confident that they will dutifully serve their fellow Nevadans through their bipartisan service.”
John T. Moran III, a Democrat, previously served as the Chairman of the Nevada Commission on Ethics under Governor Jim Gibbons. A Las Vegas native, Moran currently serves as Senior Counsel for a global law firm and previously served as Judge Pro Tempore in the City of Henderson from 2004 to 2008.
Stanley Olsen, a Republican, has three decades of law enforcement service and experience, previously serving at police departments in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Hawaii. Additionally, Olsen formerly served as Chair of the Nevada Taxicab Authority, where he was initially appointed by Governor Brian Sandoval and reappointed by Governor Steve Sisolak.
Kenneth Goodrich, Workforce Development Board
“Ken Goodrich is an excellent executive, but more than that, he’s a trusted and respected businessman in our state,” said Governor Joe Lombardo. “Ken is an ideal addition to the Governor’s Workforce Development Board, and I look forward to his contributions to the board.”
Goodrich currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Goettl Air Conditioning & Plumbing. Under Goodrich’s leadership, Goettl has expanded operations across Nevada, Arizona, California, and Texas, resulting in exponential company growth and annual revenues exceeding $250M. Goodrich previously founded Goettl Academy, where Goettl trains hundreds of new technicians each year.
Yolanda King, Board of Economic Development
“With her impressive tenure at the Clark County Department of Finance, Yolanda will bring essential financial planning, budgeting, and analytical skills to the Board of Economic Development,” said Governor Joe Lombardo. “I’m confident that Yolanda will be a huge asset to the board and its mission.”
Yolanda King has served in local government finance for over 20 years. King served in various positions at the Clark County Department of Finance, ultimately serving as the Director of Budget and Financial Planning and later as Chief Financial Officer. In her role, King prepared and administered Clark County’s annual $9 billion budget and its 5-year Capital Improvement Plan.
Jesse Haw, State Infrastructure Bank
“I’m excited to announce my appointment of Jesse Haw to the State Infrastructure Bank,” said Governor Joe Lombardo. “Not only is Jesse an accomplished and successful business leader, but he will bring unique insight and understanding of both the public and private sector to this role.”
A former state senator, Jesse Haw served as the president and founder of a successful building and development company for over 30 years. Haw currently serves as the President of the Nevada Homebuilders Association and previously served as Board Member of the Children’s Advocacy Center and as the Director of the Nevada Security Bank.
Hayley Williamson, Chair of the Public Utilities Commission
Governor Lombardo reappointed Hayley Williamson as the Chair of the Public Utilities Commission.
“Hayley is a passionate public servant, and I’m grateful for her willingness to continue her service in leading one of Nevada’s most important commissions,” said Governor Joe Lombardo.
Hayley Williamson has served as Chair since 2020, previously serving as an attorney for the Public Utilities Commission since 2013. Prior to her work at the commission, Williamson served as a land use attorney and served as law clerk for the California Public Utilities Commission and the Environmental Protection Agency.
The full list of June appointments is below…
- William Bradley Advisory Board on Dream Tags
- Amy Berry Advisory Board on Outdoor Recreation
- Dallas Haun Athletic Commission
- Randall Wilbanks Board for Regulation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- Jennifer Ross Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- Stephen Neel Board of Fire Services
- Rian Glassford Board of Fire Services
- Charles McCall Board of Fire Services
- Bret Frey Board of Medical Examiners
- Leo Brent Wright Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Jason Dixon Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Stephanie Woodard Board of Psychological Examiners
- Bepsy Strasburg Board of Public Employees’ Benefits Program
- Shane Rogers Board of Wildlife Commissioners
- Edmond Booth Board of Wildlife Commissioners
- Paul Young Board of Wildlife Commissioners
- Puonyarat Premsrirut Colorado River Commission
- Kara Kelley Colorado River Commission
- John Moran Commission on Ethics
- Robert Felder Commission on Mineral Resources
- Randy Griffin Commission on Mineral Resources
- Joshua Nordquist Commission on Mineral Resources
- Darrell Pursel Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles
- Daniel Coverley Committee for the Statewide Alert System
- Mark Damron Conservation Commission
- Charles York Department of Administration Appeals Officers and Special Appeals Officers
- Lloyd Michael Friend Department of Administration Appeals Officers and Special Appeals Officers
- Carolyn Broussard Department of Administration Appeals Officers and Special Appeals Officers
- Tina Yan Department of Administration Appeals Officers and Special Appeals Officers
- Julie Dame Early Intervention Interagency Coordinating Council
- Jeffrey Long Funeral and Cemetery Services Board
- Stacy Alaribe Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Nettie Oliverio Nevada Arts Council
- Javon Johnson Nevada Arts Council
- Guy Snow Nevada Clean Energy Fund
- Mark Stevens Public Employees’ Retirement Board
- Pamela Teel Teachers and Leaders Council
- Ron Elges Technological Crime Advisory Board