What the Las Vegas Garbage Contract Has in Common with King Tut’s Tomb
Things have certainly changed dramatically since 1973. Back in those days, trash collection and disposal was a very, very different animal with very, very different challenges and limitations. And this was well before the “green” movement and recycling took root.
*Maybe* it made sense to restrict garbage collection back in the old days. But it’s 2017.
Heck, even Ma Bell’s monopoly was broken up in 1982. That was 35 years ago! And look where we are today: Competition for phone service has dramatically reduced the cost while dramatically increasing consumer options.
In fact, some of you may actually be reading this column on a… PHONE!
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
HOW TO PUT THE “FUN” IN FUNDRAISING
Everyone’s a salesman. Whether you’re trying to sell a potential employer on hiring you or the love of your life on the notion of tying the knot ‘til death do you part, everybody from time to time finds themselves in a position of having to make a “pitch.”
Maybe it’s selling cookies for your kid’s Girl Scout troop or a coupon book for Little League. Or summer camp. Or maybe you want to raise funds for the local animal shelter or political campaign. Whatever it is, most people absolutely HATE the idea of asking somebody else for money – no matter how good the cause.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, if you attend Thursday night’s “High Dollar Donor” fundraising workshop in Carson City, you’ll discover ways that make fundraising not only easy – even if you’ve never done it before! – but downright FUN.
BONUS: Bring a friend! Everyone who registers to attend can bring a guest – a friend, spouse, colleague, business associate, campaign staffer – absolutely FREE. And we’ll have COOKIES!
For more information or to register online, click here. See you Thursday night!
- Mick Mulvaney: CBO Analysis of AHCA Is ‘Wrong’
- Gingrich: GOP Should Abolish ‘Corrupt, Dishonest’ CBO
- Bernie Sanders: ‘Thousands of Americans Will Die’ With AHCA
- Report: Ryan Caught on Tape Dumping Trump Before Election
- Spicer: Trump to Let Media Decide Where to Donate His Salary
- Gallup: Optimism Among Small-Business Owners Soars
- Trump Reinstates Drone Strike Authority That Obama Revoked
- Sununu: Trump Was ‘Probably’ Wiretapped by DOJ
- Anti-Trump Baptist Leader Moore’s Job in Danger
- Trump Unfollows MSNBC’s Mika, Joe Scarborough on Twitter
- John Sununu: Bharara Should Have Been Fired Weeks Ago
- Obama’s Final Year: US Spent $36M Fighting Records Requests
- Obama Admin Blocked Arms Sale for Taiwan Defense
- ‘El Chapo’ Health Deteriorating in US Custody: Lawyers
- Goodyear Retires Blimps, But Keeps Familiar Form in Flight
- North Korea Warns of ‘Merciless’ Strikes as US Carrier Joins South Korea Drills
- US Applications for New Zealand Citizenship Jump 70 Percent
- Chicago Sees Huge Spike in Gun Permit Requests
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
- Joecks: ‘Stability’ latest falsehood politicians using to hike your property taxes
- WaPo Reporter: Trump ‘Hates Us Because He Needs Us So Much’
- Mitchell: Never let the facts get in the way of creating a law banning fracking
- Army Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Help Solve Fort Carson Murder
- Police officer grants dying woman’s wish to visit beach one last time
- Inspiring America: Oldest Living Pearl Harbor Veteran Turns 105
- Robot Submarine Dubbed ‘Boaty McBoatface’ Set To Go On Antarctic Mission
- First 3-D Printed Nuclear Power Plant Part Comes Online
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Democrats pilloried Republicans for irresponsibly shutting down the government when Barack Obama was president, but as a minority party struggling to show resistance in the era of President Trump, they are now ready to let the lights of government go dark. A group of prominent Senate Democrats on Monday raised the specter of a shutdown over the funding of President Trump’s proposed wall along the border with Mexico.” –POLITICO, 3/14/17