(Jim Blockey) – In November I have no doubt we will take back America, but my fear is that if we do not take back education, to educate our youth on what America is truly all about… we will just lose it again.
Currently education is all about social classes like:
– Sex Ed including abortion, homosexuality, condoms, in other words “it’s a natural function so you ARE going to do it so do it safely”;
– tolerance – not of people, but their actions;
– Global Warming;
– Suicide Prevention;
– Drug Prevention.
Do you know that when the schools started teaching all of these social issues… they did NOT get better, they got worse?
– Teenage pregnancies and abortions are up;
– Teenage suicides and drug use is up;
– Hatred between the races is certainly not getting better.
So unless we are willing to put education to the top of the list, and that does not mean talking about the importance of getting rid of bad teachers, or what we can do to make teachers better.
But, the discussion on education will be:
– Student accountability for their grades and behavior (bad or good);
– Getting rid of social subjects;
– Teaching kids to read using phonics only;
– Teach the true history of America (not that our founders were slave owners), but how they wanted a free country, a republic, a capitalist society where ANYONE that tried, would have the OPPORTUNITY to be a success, and they fought and died for their beliefs.
When we do this then we will be able to keep America a land of the brave and home of the free.