(Chuck Muth) – We’re now more than six months into the #SisolakShutdown and – surprise, surprise – the CHINA-19 virus is still with us. Which means…
A.) Nevada Gov. Steve von Sisolak screwed up by panicking and shutting the state down in mid-March, or…
B.) He screwed up by not starting to reopen in mid-April like Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman told him to do, or…
C.) He screwed up by not quarantining or putting other restrictions on visitors coming into the state when he finally re-opened the casinos in June, or…
D.) All of the Above
Obvious answer: D
This guy has screwed up every step of the way.
A.) Has absolutely horrible judgment, or…
B.) Has surrounded himself with an inner circle of incompetent advisers, or…
Obvious answer: C
And the Democrats running the Legislature have backed him up every step of the way.
They’re all accomplices.
Until 2018, Nevadans hadn’t elected a Democrat governor since 1994.
This is the price we’re now paying.
Coming up in the next Muth’s Truths: “Nevada’s 7 Women to Watch in November”
The Daly Show
- Now Playing LEFT Field: Skip Daly
- Skip Daly *Hearts* Illegal Immigrants
- Daly Double: Weaponizing Retaliation
- King of Conflicts and The Daly Tax
- Daly *Hearts* Freebies & Goodies
- Skip Daly Sucker Punches Disabled Man (Yes, Really)
- Daly Scorched, Exiled for Explosive Outburst
- Daly Gets Gold Mine; Taxpayers Get Shaft
Get The Daly Show delivered straight to your inbox FREE: Sign up now at: skipdaly.info
* I’m hearing more and more that the kind of people now coming to the Strip during the ongoing, never-ending Sisolak semi-lockdown is very different from the kind of people who came to the Strip pre-COVID. And it’s not good.
Charitably, let’s describe many of the “new normal” tourists as riff-raff. Another Baron von Sisolak legacy.
* A political reality is that you can’t beat somebody with nobody. And the GOP in Nevada, so far, has nobody in the wings to take on Gov. Steve von Sisolak in 2022.
The names most often mentioned – ex-Sen. Dean “Never Trump” Heller and ex-Lt. Gov. Mark “Mini-Sandoval” Hutchison – don’t exactly make conservative hearts go pitter-patter.
A pair of private-sector outside-the-box challengers are also being mentioned: Anthony Marnell III, developer of the M Resort in Las Vegas, and Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars fame.
* As cheat-by-mail ballots have now been sent out in several Nevada counties, I’ll be posting an initial list of personal recommendations later this week. Stay tuned.
2020 Tax Pledge Signers in Nevada
CD02: Mark Amodei*
CD03: Dan Rodimer
CD04: Jim Marchant
SD11: Joshua Dowden
AD02: Heidi Kasama
AD04: Richard McArthur
AD05: Mack Miller
AD07: Tony Palmer
AD10: Jonathan Friedrich
AD15: Stan Vaughan
AD17: Jack Polcyn
AD19: Annie Black
AD21: Cheryln Arrington
AD23: Bill Hoge
AD26: Lisa Krasner*
AD31: Jill Dickman
AD35: Jay Calhoun
AD37: Andy Matthews
AD38: Robin Titus*
AD39: Jim Wheeler*
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night. Naturally, I will agree to take one also. His Debate performances have been record setting UNEVEN, to put it mildly. Only drugs could have caused this discrepancy???” – President Trump