(Chuck Muth) – Here’s why I think people should wait until Election Day to cast their ballots: You never know what new information or argument might come up that could possibly change your mind.
Take my early endorsement of Republican Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate for example. To be honest, I really didn’t think of all the serious consequences to Nevada should Harry Reid lose until I woke up this morning. Consider:
1.) Should Harry Reid lose, the Democrat Party in Nevada would be devastated – especially if his son, Rory, loses the gubernatorial race (a done deal) and Rep. Dina Titus is returned to the classroom (an unfortunate loss for UNLV students who would be subjected to her left-wing dribbling once again).
I mean, that would put Rep. Shelley Berkley in charge of the Democrat Party! Does anyone really want that (other than Republicans)?
Let’s face it, Harry has been the D’s sugar-daddy for years; funneling huge amounts of dough to build up the party’s staff, infrastructure and grassroots network. Sure, it’s been largely to his benefit, but the “trickle down” effect on local and state races has been undeniable. And we all know how much Democrats believe in trickle down economics.
Without Harry Reid, the Democrats will be forced to compete on a level playing field with the hapless Republicans. We’d have party parity (as opposed to Dina Titus’ potty parity) again. Is that really a good thing for democracy in our state?
2.) What would happen to all those “Republicans for Reid”? I mean, we’re talking about the state’s power elite here, folks. The people with the “juice.” Many of whom are RINOs. What will happen to them?
I mean, how is Jim Murren going to “save” CityCenter when/if it begins to fail again as some are predicting? Who’s going to keep the doors open at Anderson non-Dairy? Will Wayne Newton ever sing “Danke Shoen” on the Strip again? Who will Reno Mayor Bob Cashell and Senate Minority Leader Bill Raggio call when they need a special favor at taxpayer expense? And who’s gonna hire Greg Ferraro?
Seriously, people, have you thought about how losing Harry Reid is going to affect the lives of these poor “Republicans for Reid” if they lose their power and influence by losing their direct line of “juice” to power and influence?
I mean, these poor folks, whose good fortunes in many ways are tied directly to the Senate Majority Leader’s office, will suddenly be forced to better themselves at your expense the old-fashioned way – by, you know, what they know not who they know. Do you really want to be responsible for making their pursuit of happiness as difficult as your own?
3.) And what about how Sharron would vote in the Senate?
Hey, you know her reputation, people. She’s obviously taken Nancy Reagan’s admonition to “Just Say No” to, dare I say it, the “extreme.” That’s why she became known as “41-to-Angle” in the Nevada Legislature.
• Wanna raise taxes? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna keep the “death tax”? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna grow government? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna bury our children under a mountain of debt? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna pass Stimulus 2.0? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna continue policies that keep unemployment high? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna have the government take over more companies? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna force banks to give loans to uncredit-worthy people? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna keep Social Security on a path to bankruptcy? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna deny troops in the field the resources they need to win? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna extend Miranda rights to terrorists? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna give amnesty to illegal aliens? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna clamp down on free speech with the DISCLOSE Act? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna continue funding NPR with taxpayer dollars? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna pass cap-and-trade? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna let government regulate the Internet? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna pass card check? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna eliminate the right-to-work? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna put restrictions on gun rights? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna fund abortions with taxpayer dollars? Sharron’s gonna vote no.
• Wanna put a flaming liberal activist on the Supreme Court?. Sharron’s gonna vote no.
But just to prove that there is, indeed, an exception to every rule, if you wanna repeal ObamaCare, Sharron’s gonna vote….YES!
Forget Sharia Law. We’re gonna be living under Sharronia Law!
Seriously, people, is that the kind of voting record we really want to see from a United States senator representing the great state of Nevada? Think about it.
4.) And lastly, think about this: Who’s going to clean up the mess when thousands of liberal heads spontaneously explode next Tuesday night if Sharron Angle is declared the winner? Case in point:
In case you missed it, Joy Behar (who?) had a veritable conniption on “The View” (the what?) Tuesday over a Sharron Angle television ad that features sinister-looking illegal aliens who Behar believes look more Mexican than Canadian (yes, racial profiling is OK when liberals do it).
“Yikes, it looks like a Hitler youth commercial,” Behar screeched. “Lemme tell you how stupid she (Sharron Angle) is. Twenty-five percent of the voters in Nevada are Hispanic. Eighty percent of them are Mexican. This is a moron on top of being evil. I’d like to see her do this ad in the South Bronx. Come here, bitch. Come to New York and do it. I’m not praying for her. She’s going to hell! She’s going to hell, this bitch!”
Wow. Do you think she’s kisses her mom with that mouth?
In response, Angle’s campaign sent Behar a lovely arrangement of flowers, thanking her for helping them raise an additional $150,000 online in contributions immediately after Behar’s on-air meltdown. To which the cackling TV personality responded on-air yesterday:
“I’d like to point out that those flowers were picked by illegal immigrants, and they’re not voting for you, bitch!”
This is an example of the spreading Angle Derangement Syndrome epidemic….and it’s far worse than Bush Derangement Syndrome. Indeed, if Sharron Angle wins on Tuesday, you might just see mass liberal suicides in front of television sets all across the nation that’ll make the Jonestown Massacre seem like a walk in the park.
Do we really want to risk that kind of carnage just to replace a guy who’s keeping poor workers at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington employed? I mean, where are we going to stack up all the bodies….especially now that Harry Reid has killed Yucca Mountain?
And how are we going to get all the blood and skull fragments off the TV screens? I don’t think there’s enough Windex in all the non-union Wal-Mart stores combined to handle such a catastrophe.
So, please, Nevadans….think carefully before voting for Sharron Angle on Tuesday because….
• Without Harry Reid, how would we ever have known that the war in Iraq was lost?
• Without Harry Reid, who would have saved us from a global depression?
• Without Harry Reid, how would we ever have known that tourists in DC in the summer stink on ice?
• Without Harry Reid, how would we have known “only” losing 36,000 jobs in one month was a good thing?
• Without Harry Reid, who would have known that New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand was “hot”?
• Without Harry Reid, how will all those senatorial staffers get inside information they can use to make a killing in the stock market?
• Without Harry Reid, how will suspected Lebanese terrorists be able to find gullible women to marry so they can stay in this country after their visas have expired?
I mean, come on people, think about the ramifications of your vote!
Oh, and by the way, because of the expected “surge” of voters on Tuesday by both Angle and Reid supporters – not to mention the tremendous outpouring of support Scott jack-Ashjian is expected to receive – Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller announced this morning that voting on Tuesday will now be conducted on a staggered schedule to avoid long lines and long waits at the polls.
Angle supporters will be allowed to vote only from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, since Angle supporters are generally the ones who still have jobs. This will help keep the Angle turnout rate lower than expected.
Independents will be allowed to vote from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm since they’re a mixed bag and are having the greatest trouble trying to figure out who to vote for.
Reid supporters will be allowed to vote from 8:00 pm Tuesday night until 5:00 am on Wednesday morning, thus giving the large number of Culinary Union members an opportunity to vote after their shifts. This will give Harry Reid the special advantage he’s gonna need to overcome the “enthusiasm gap.”
And if you actually believe any of that, you shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all.