(Monte Miller) – Today, the Keystone Corporation, Nevada’s leading political voice for free market business development, private sector job creation and fiscal conservatism, announced endorsements in key state senate races for the upcoming 2010 election cycle.
Endorsed candidates include:
• Senator Barbara Cegavske – running for re-election in Clark County’s District 8.
• Ty Cobb – Current Assemblyman representing District 26, running for state senate in Washoe County’s District 4.
• Chad Christensen – Current Assemblyman representing District 13, running for state senate in Clark County’s District 9.
• James Settelmeyer – Current Assemblyman representing District 39, running for state senate in the Capital District.
• Michael Roberson – Southern Nevada attorney, running against Senator Joyce Woodhouse in Clark County’s District 5.
Keystone Corporation is a statewide political action organization that recruits, supports and advocates for candidates for public office who support private sector job creation, low taxation, a responsible regulatory environment, and effective delivery of essential state services.
Keystone’s board members offered the following endorsement quotes for each of their endorsed candidates for state senate:
“Senator Barbara Cegavske has a proven record as a fiscal watchdog on behalf of the Nevada taxpayer. Keystone is proud to endorse Barbara Cegavske for all she has done to protect jobs, taxpayers and to attract new business to Nevada. Senator Cegavske is a conservative senator Nevadans need to fight for their interests in Carson City.”
“Assemblyman Ty Cobb has been a consistent, reliable and fierce advocate on behalf of the Nevada taxpayer, and we believe his voice on fiscal discipline and accountability will be a needed asset to our state senate. Ty has proven himself to be one of Nevada’s leading conservatives, serving as a government spending watchdog in our state legislature. He understands that we must keep Nevada competitive in attracting and retaining private-sector jobs, and we can accomplish this goal by keeping taxes low and regulations in check.”
“Keystone is proud to endorse Assemblyman Chad Christensen for the Nevada State Senate. He has fought to control government spending in order to promote economic growth. Chad Christensen will be the strong advocate for private sector job creation and limited government.”
“Assemblyman James Settelmeyer understands what is needed to make Nevada fiscally strong. He is one of the hardest working legislators in Carson City and a genuine policymaker. Mr. Settelmeyer will make the right decisions to promote economic growth while protecting taxpayers. Keystone is proud to endorse James Settelmeyer for the Nevada State Senate.”
“We are proud to endorse Nevada State Senate candidate Michael Roberson in his campaign to unseat Senator Woodhouse. In our interview process, we found Michael to be a strong and principled advocate for private sector job creation in Nevada. He will be a welcomed addition to the state senate, replacing a senator who supported job-killing tax hikes in the midst of one of Nevada’s worst recessions in state history.”
• For more information on Barbara Cegavske: http://barbaracegavske.com/
• For more information on Ty Cobb: http://votetycobb.com/index.html
• For more information on Chad Christensen: http://chadchristensen.com/
• For more information on James Settelmeyer: http://www.jamesad39.org/
• For more information on Michael Roberson: http://votemichaelroberson.com/
For more information on Keystone Corporation, go here: http://keystonenevada.com/
The Keystone Corporation recently conducted its annual awards dinner in Las Vegas, honoring Las Vegas Review-Journal publisher Sherman Frederick. Best-selling author and leading, national political consultant Dick Morris provided the keynote address. This year’s dinner attracted a record number of attendees, representing a nearly 50 percent increase in participation from last year’s awards dinner.
(Mr. Miller is Treasurer of the Keystone Corporation)