So President Donald Trump and U.S. Sen. Rand Paul – vicious opponents during the 2016 GOP presidential primary – went golfing together this weekend.
I went golfing with Sen. Paul a couple years ago when he was here in Las Vegas for FreedomFest. Let’s just say he ain’t no hacker!
Anyway, that Trump and Paul were able to put their strong differences aside from last year and are now working together on how to best get rid of the disastrous ObamaCare program is a striking testament to Trump’s ability to strike deals – even with former adversaries.
Bet you didn’t hear that perspective on CNN over the weekend.
Repeal-and-replace isn’t dead, no matter how many times the #Fake News says it is. As they say, it ain’t over ‘til it’s over.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Gonzaga will have two players from Vegas on the court tonight for the big NCAA basketball championship game vs. North Carolina. Go Zags!
- Sources: Obama Adviser Susan Rice Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel
- Trump Points to Fox Report of ‘Unprecedented’ Surveillance
- Mayor: Defunding Sanctuary Cities Makes ‘Slave Catchers’
- Trump: Healthcare Reform Not ‘Dead’ Until ‘Deal’ Is ‘Struck’
- Jordan: ‘Keeping Our Word’ Focus of Freedom Caucus
- Supreme Court Rejects NH Bid to Revive Ballot Selfies Ban
- 10 Dead, 50 Injured in Russia Subway Blast
- Report: People Fleeing New York Region at Alarming Rate
- ISIS Second-in-Command Killed in Airstrike, Iraqi Intelligence Says
- Trump, Rand Paul hit the links to talk health care
- Turner: President Trump deploys his most valuable asset, his daughter
- Gingrich: All ‘real evidence’ of Russian influence points to Dems
- Trump Has Repealed These 7 Pieces Of Obama’s Environmental Legacy
- Trump: ‘If China Is Not Going To Solve North Korea, We Will’
- Major Rocket Scientist: Trump Could Send Astronauts To Mars In 8 Years
- This NASA Probe Will Literally Touch The Sun
- Veterans Groups Fight For Marijuana Access To Curb Opioid Abuse
- 27 horrible things that happen if you don’t get enough sleep
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Citizen Outreach submitted its “Give Me Choice” petition with over 850 signatures to the Mayor and members of the Las Vegas City Council Monday morning urging the city to open its proposed contract extension for trash collection to competitive bidding. Read more by clicking here
Meanwhile, Democrats continued their assault on Nevada’s business community, taxpayers and property rights with a new “Screw Jim Rhodes” bill that was heard last Friday. Read all about it by clicking here
As Texas considers repealing a gross receipts tax on businesses similar to Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval’s job-killing “Commerce Tax,” Louisiana is looking to imitate Sandoval’s mistake. Read more by clicking here
- Root: Welcome to Trumpland, where the president enjoys the upper hand
- Mitchell: Lowering age of compulsory education could be harmful
- Mitchell: Why Nevada joined a Wisconsin property rights case
- Mitchell: Revamped newspaper targets a favorite target of its owner
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Susan Rice, who was former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser, did not respond to a report from Bloomberg columnist Eli Lake that on multiple occasions, she made requests to unmask United States citizens connected to President Donald Trump’s transition team. According to Lake, Rice did not respond to an email seeking comment on the story. The breaking news helps confirm some of President Trump’s accusations that senior Obama officials were involved in disseminating classified information about his transition team to the media…” – Breitbart News, 4/3/17