Acknowledging this joke is decidedly politically incorrect, I provide it for the amusement of some. Not CNN, Madonna or college campus snowflakes, but others…
So, I was walking into town and I saw that there was a “Muslim Book Store.” I was wondering what exactly was in a Muslim bookstore, so I went in.
As I was wandering around taking a look, the sales assistant gave me the stink eye but asked if he could help me.
I imagine I didn’t look like his normal clientele, so I asked, “Do you have a copy of Donald Trump’s book on his U.S. immigration policy regarding Muslims and illegal aliens?”
The assistant said, “Kiss my ass, get out, and stay out!”
I said, “Yes, that’s the one. Do you have it in paperback?”
If you don’t see the humor in this, lighten up, buttercup!
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Yesterday… Britain’s Prime Minister heralded a “new era of American renewal” under President Trump, the Mexican prez threw a hissy fit over The Wall and canceled a scheduled meeting with the American prez, Obama’s Border Patrol chief has been ousted, Miami is ditching its “sanctuary city” status, John Kerry’s diplomatic corps has been hollowed out, a Trump adviser on EPA said cutting EPA’s federal workforce “by about half would be a good start,” it was announced that VP Mike Pence would be the first VPOTUS to address the annual March for Life, and the Keystone Pipeline folks submitted a new construction application after Trump’s executive order green-lighting the project.
Whew. I can hardly wait to see what’s in store for Making America Great Again today!
Pence Addresses DC Anti-Abortion March
Vice President Mike Pence addressed an annual anti-abortion rally in Washington Friday, becoming the first vice president to speak at the annual gathering, shortly after President Donald Trump tweeted praise for the march.
- Conway: Pence’s March for Life Speech ‘Historic’
- Trump Expected to Sign Directive Halting Refugee Flows to US
- Pence Promises ‘Full Evaluation’ of Voter Fraud
- Bannon: Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut and Just Listen’
- Putin Consults His Security Council before Talking to Trump
- Conway: ‘Doesn’t Matter’ Who Initiated Trump-Putin Call
- Trump: Waterboarding ‘Works’
- Trump and Britain’s Theresa May to Meet
- Trump Voters Thrilled With Promised Action on Wall
- Giuliani: Trump Will Keep Vow on Jerusalem Embassy Move
- Trump Wants 20 Percent Tax to Pay for Border Wall
- Iranian Movie Star Boycotts Oscars Over ‘Extreme Vetting’
- Trump Administration Pulls Back on HealthCare.gov Ads
- Florida Mayor Orders County Jails to Work With Feds on Illegals
- Gorbachev: ‘World Preparing for War,’ Trump, Putin Must Align
- WSJ: Trump Packing National Security Council With Military Officers
- Americans Eyeing Move to Canada Surges by 40 Percent (bye, Felecia!)
- Vicente Fox: Trump Has Found ‘You Don’t Play Around With Mexico’(yeah, right)
- Gingrich: Trump Modeled More After Thatcher Than Reagan
- Tulsi Gabbard Under Fire From Both Parties for Assad Meeting
- Conway: Pence’s March for Life Speech ‘Historic’
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Longtime Nevada subscribers might want to sit down for this one: At the request of a mutual friend I met yesterday afternoon with Republican Senate Minority Leader Michael Roberson.
Out of respect for the confidential nature of the meeting, let me just use the standard cliche and describe the discussion as “open and frank.”
And largely productive.
The bottom line: On issues in which Sen. Roberson and I are in agreement during this upcoming session of the Nevada Legislature I will be actively and openly supportive of his efforts. To borrow a phrase from Henry Kissinger, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, only interests.
And my most important interest for the 2017 Legislature is in saving Education Savings Accounts (ESAs).
Our wishy-washy governor has only requested about half of what is needed to fully fund the program for the 8,000+ families who have already enrolled. And I have every reason in the world to believe he’ll sell out ESAs in a heartbeat if Senate Majority Leader Aaron Ford and obstructionist Democrats dig their feet in – which they’ve already threatened to do.
On the other hand, Sen. Roberson this week declared, in no uncertain terms, “No ESA funding, no budget.” And every GOP member of his caucus has seconded that emotion.
On this issue, Sen. Roberson and I are 100% on the same page. And I’m happy to work with him side-by-side to make this happen. It’s just too important to the future of our state and our children to let past disagreements get in the way.
So the senator and I buried the hatchet (and not into each other’s heads!) and have agreed to work together this session on this and other issues of mutual interest.
One last note on this: Citizen Outreach CEO Dan Burdish – who has been an invaluable fixture in the Legislature over the past few sessions working for former conservative Assemblyman Ed Goedhart and former conservative Assemblywoman Michele Fiore – has been hired to work in Sen. Roberson’s office this session.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Mexico has taken advantage of the US for long enough. Massive trade deficits & little help on the very weak border must change, NOW!” – Tweet by President Donald Trump
“The media should be embarrassed, and humiliated, and keep its mouth shut, and just listen for awhile. . . . I want you to quote this: The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States. . . . The elite media got it dead wrong, 100 percent dead wrong. . . . The mainstream media has not fired or terminated anyone associated with following our campaign. Look at the Twitter feeds of those people: They were outright activists of the Clinton campaign.” –White House senior adviser Steve Bannon