Among all the other lessons the political “experts” and conventional wisdom need to learn is that a successful businessman and serial entrepreneur isn’t the same as a community organizer. The old rules simply don’t apply – and that includes the definition of “failure.”
Barack Obama was the textbook definition of failure. Everything he touched turned to socialist crap – especially ObamaCare. And when Obama failed, Democrats “fixed” the problem by making it worse.
But when dealing with a highly experienced and successful businessman like Donald Trump, the definition for “failure” is quite different. For someone like Trump, the only way you fail is if you quit and don’t learn anything from the experience.
Every successful businessman knows this. Remember what Thomas Edison said after “failing” thousands of times to invent the light bulb before finally figuring it out? “I have not failed; I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
So President Trump didn’t “fail” to repeal ObamaCare. He just found one way that wasn’t going to work – House Speaker Paul Ryan’s way.
But it’s abundantly clear Trump has no intention of quitting. He learned from the experience. And if history – in addition to the very nature of being an entrepreneur – is any guide, success is right around the corner.
When you hear a critic or someone in the media (but I repeat myself, repeat myself) call this first ObamaCare repeal effort a “failure,” just ask yourself if that critic is a successful entrepreneur. 99 times out of 100 they aren’t. As such…ignore them, for they know not of what they speak.
And the march to make America great again proceeds on pace…
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Here’s the thing: Every time someone on the left characterizes the issue as “immigrants” or “immigration” without including the word “illegal,” you know – and a growing number of Americans know – they are being intellectually dishonest and are simply trying to fool the public.
Ditto when they use the word “undocumented” instead of illegal. The fact is these people don’t have any documents because they entered the country illegally. Had they come to the United States legally, they’d have the proper documents. Derp.
Supporters of ILLEGAL immigrants without legal documents are starting to lose this argument – especially with a growing number of on-air commentators correcting them every time they try to mislead the public. As such, the public is catching on. You just can’t fool all of the people all of the time.
- Sheriff to Congress: Arrest Officials Who Back Sanctuary Cities
- Politico: Trump Giving Schumer Silent Treatment
- Ryan Zinke: Michael Moore Wrong onEnvironmental Rollback
- Michael Moore: Trump’s Rollback Begins Human ‘Extinction’
- No LGBTQ Category Included in 2020 Census Proposal
- Gore’s ‘Inconvenient’ Sequel Frames Trump as Anti-Climate Villain
- Melania Trump Calls for End of Violence Against Women, Children
- Undercover Videos of Fetal Tissue Talks Spur Felony Charges
- Christie Heading Opiate Task Force, Denies Rift With Kushner
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
- Jason Gay: Three questions on the NFL big Las Vegas gamble
- Joecks: A conservative case against the death penalty
- Trump strikes down teacher, school regulations
- Trump repeals ‘blacklisting rule’
- House Freedom Caucus: We Shouldn’t Recess Before Obamacare Repeal
- McConnell Says Gorsuch Will Be Confirmed In The Coming Days
- This Move Could Force A Vote On Obamacare Repeal
- House passes bill undoing Obama internet privacy rule
- Trump pledges ‘easy’ health care deal after defeat
- House GOP blocks effort by Democrats to obtain Trump’s taxes
- Tesla ‘Autopilot’ Car Hits Police Officer On Motorcycle
The Las Vegas City Council is expected to vote on whether or not to grant Republic Services a new 12-year NO BID contract extension on its monopoly franchise agreement at its regular meeting next Wednesday.
If you’d like to see the city open this contract to competitive bidding, please sign Citizen Outreach’s “Give Me Choice” online petition urging council members to issue an RFP (request for proposals) by clicking here: www.GiveMeChoice.com.
Deadline to add your name is close-of-business this Friday.
Also, see this story from today’s Las Vegas Review-Journal…
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“If the president puts Russian salad dressing on his salad tonight, somehow that’s a Russian connection.” – White House press secretary Sean Spicer