You know what I like best about this latest Donald Trump brouhaha over the possibly biased Mexican-heritage judge hearing his case? The fact that the weak links among the GOP’s elected elites are exposing themselves NOW rather than in the fall.
From House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-K Street) to Sen. Lindsey Graham (RINO-SC) to Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R&R – Partners), tepid Trump supporters – if not closet #NeverTrumpers – jumped up out of their foxholes, turned tail and ran for the hills.
Better to identify these “yellow bellies” in June than October.
And it’s shameful, too. Because Trump’s position – even if inarticulately stated – is correct. Because of his position on certain hot-button issues it’s entirely possible that a judge of Mexican heritage or Muslim religion could harbor innate, if not spoken, bias against the man in court.
To suggest that judges aren’t human beings who may hold biases based on a variety of factors is absurd. Indeed, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor – a liberal Obama appointee – has famously admitted it and championed it.
“Whether born from experience or inherent physiological or cultural differences, our gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging,” she once said.
How is that position any different from Trump’s? It’s not.
Sotomayor also once said, “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”
So if Trump is a racist for what he said, then so is Sotomayor.
Ryan, Graham, Sandoval and the rest of the gaggle of fair-weather friends could have and should have pointed this out. They didn’t. Instead, they took the first opportunity to frag the GOP’s presidential nominee.
Gen. George Washington would have had them shot. Sometimes I miss the good ol’ days.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio wrote today in CNN Money that he was launching a program to hire “1,000 men of color in the next two years to teach our public school children,” suggesting that white men and women cannot effectively teach minority children.
“Teachers who share cultural backgrounds with their students can help soothe tense classroom climates, reducing suspension rates and keeping kids in school,” the mayor wrote. “Kids seeing teachers — role models — who look like they do won’t just make learning more likely, it will provide a valuable potential visual gateway to an important future profession.”
Now imagine if Donald Trump, or any other white person, suggested that overwhelmingly white classrooms should be taught by white teachers who “look like” the students they’re teaching. The howls of “Racist!” would be deafening.
But de Blasio will get away with this “reverse racism” without a peep of protest. It’s sickening, it’s disgraceful and it’s outrageous.
- Freedom Caucus-Backed Candidate Wins Special Election, Replaces Boehner
- Sanders Wins Democratic Caucuses in North Dakota
- Hillary Clinton Wins the Democratic Primary in California
- Trump Blasts Hillary, Invites Sanders Supporters to Back Him
- Clinton Super PAC Ad Shames Trump for Mocking Disabled
- Tapper Slams Reporters’ ‘Sycophantic’ Hillary Questions
- Paul Ryan Meets With Top Mexico Diplomat After Slamming Trump
- Corker: Trump Recognized Mistake in Judge Comments
- Trump Refuses to Apologize for ‘Mexican’ Judge Remarks
- Arpaio: Trump Has ‘Guts to Speak Out, Back Up What He Says’
- Lindsey Graham to Trump-Backing GOP: Now’s the Time to Bail
- O’Reilly Knocks Megyn Kelly Over Trump U Judge
- Newt: Trump Can’t Lose to Hillary If He Stays Focused
- Bill Richardson: Trump Right: NM’s Martinez a Bad Gov
- Florida Poll: Rubio ‘One of the Most Unpopular Senators’
- Black Lives Matter Activist Jailed for Arrest Interference
NATIONAL NEWS & VIEWS
- Hillary Clinton: The Unpopular, Corrupt, Shameless Habitual Liar Democrats Deserve
- Clinton loses 30% of votes in California from ’08
- Trump Shatters Republican Primary Vote Record by 1.4 Million
- Hillary Touts “Republicans Against Trump” – RATs
- Graham: It’s Time For Republicans to Start Un-Endorsing Trump
- Hewitt: GOP Should Change Convention Rules to Dump Trump
- Scarborough Rails Against ‘Bush League Loser’ Trump
- Carville: Trump May Not Be Republican Nominee
- Poll: Hillary beats Trump in Mexico, 88%-1%
- Obama Appointed Judge Gonzalo Curiel Tied to ‘La Raza’ Group in San Diego
- Illegals Stealing Children In Order To Pose As Families
- BuzzFeed Reporter Has Audacity To Complain That He Was Blocked From Trump Event
- Gun Owners, Hillary Will Soon Say ‘If You Like Your Guns You Can Keep Your Guns’
- Orange SLice: Megyn Cuts Key Portion of Brad Thor Audio to Defend Glenn Beck
- Pro-life, anti-corporate welfare groups best Ellmers
- Cross-Dressing Cowboy Told to Stay Out of Ladies’ Room at BBQ Joint
- London naked restaurant opens
- D.C. Council Approves $15 Minimum Wage
- Job openings hit all-time high in April even as hiring dropped
- Senate GOP moves to counter overtime rule
- Gaga Goes Patriotic for Bernie Loss
- This Model Just Went After Bernie Supporters Who Are Considering Trump
- Roseanne for Trump: Illegals Get Benefits ‘Our Own Veterans Don’t Get’
- Sharknado actress slams Hollywood hypocrites, ‘Sasquatch-sized carbon footprints’
- David Copperfield to discuss magic with lawmakers
- Some Runners Angered After Biological Male Earns All-State Honors in Girl’s Track
- LeBron’s Cavs challenge businesses to boost worker health off the job
- Maria Sharapova Banned from Tennis for Two Years
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
The smell of fear is in the air in Nevada’s 3rd congressional district GOP primary.
The Republican establishment’s anointed candidate, RINO State Sen. Tax Hike Mike Roberson, apparently has been unable to close the gap vs. insurgent conservative challenger Danny Tarkanian in early voting and has hit the “panic button.”
“Broken Arrow! I say again, Broken Arrow!”
If you’re not familiar with the term from the movie “We Were Soldiers,” some guy named “ArcherDude” on Yahoo.com explains the meaning thusly…
“Completely surrounded and in imminent danger of being over-run by enemy forces — situation hopeless, use any/all means of blowing the crap out of the enemy. There are no other viable options at this time.”
That indeed seems to describe accurately the situation Tax Hike Mike faces as he’s being pummeled from all sides for being the lying, tax-hiking weasel he is.
And Robo-RINO is reportedly about to receive over a million dollars worth of last-minute negative TV and other advertising from third-party independent establishment organizations to try to pull his fat from the fire.
Will it be enough? We’ll know in one week.
CITIZEN OUTREACH PAC ENDORSEMENTS
For the official 2016 Citizen Outreach PAC endorsement list, click here
For a complete list of 2016 Nevada candidates who have signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, click here
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“(Bernie Sanders) won a long time ago. (He) has changed the Democratic Party for the better. Now we’re a European Socialist Party.” – Tweet from Nevada State Sen. Tick Segerblom (D-Las Vegas), 6/8/16