(Don Turner, Nevadans for State Gun Rights) – Obama, Bloomberg and an army of big city lobbyists are working to undermine your Second Amendment rights, and we need your help to let them know Nevadans won’t stand for it.
Bloomberg’s universal background check initiative will make it harder for responsible gun owners to lend, sell, or trade their personal property. His initiative would add a slew of bureaucratic hoops for gun owners to jump through. If Bloomberg’s bill passes, be prepared for:
- Limitations on lending or selling your own firearm.
- Reliance on licensed federal gun dealers to sell or trade personal property.
- Delays in sales as more background checks flood the federal system.
- Federalization of private property sales of firearms.
- Federal registration of gun sale, the transfer is logged into a permanent records book which is subject to inspection by the ATF.
- Increased mandatory costs to sell your personal property.
All of these would have their costs paid by you, the taxpayer. Join the fight for personal liberty by telling your friends and family to vote no on Bloomberg’s initiative.
Responsible gun ownership is a constitutionally protected right. We believe that YOU, not Obama or Bloomberg, should have the final say in who is allowed to use your personal property.
Don Turner is president of the Nevadans for State Gun Rights. For more information, visit NevadansForStateGunRights.org.