Well, it seems today’s focus by liberals and the media – but I repeat myself repeat myself – is comparing Melania Trump’s words in her speech at the GOP convention in Cleveland last night to Michelle Obama’s words back in 2008.
OK, I’ll play along…
“On July 28th, 2006, I was very proud to become a citizen of the United States — the greatest privilege on planet Earth. I cannot, or will not, take the freedoms this country offers for granted.”
Now compare those words to these words by Michelle at a campaign rally in Milwaukee during that 2008 campaign…
“Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country…”
And this wasn’t just some one-and-done slip of the malaise tongue. This was the heart and soul of her stump speeches, as described by Lauren Collins of The New Yorker in March 2008…
“Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is ‘just downright mean,’ we are ‘guided by fear,’ we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents.”
If a couple parts of Melania’s speech were, in fact, similar to Michelle’s in 2008, the amazing thing is that Melania was able to find anything positive Shelly has ever said about our country that was worth repeating!
Buck up, folks. The “frustration and disappointment” of eight bleak years under the Obamas is almost over. Donald and Melania will make America great again.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
BLACK LIES MATTER
In an open letter posted on Facebook this week, Barack Obama told law enforcement officers, “We have your backs.”
Yeah, he’s put a target on them!
- Tom DeLay: Obama Has ‘Cops’ Blood on His Hands’
- Shouldn’t Attacking Cops Be Hate Crimes, Too? Attacks Spur Push for Change in Laws
- Report: Megyn Claims Fox News’ Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Antonio Sabato Jr.: I ‘Absolutely’ Believe Obama’s a Muslim
- Dress Worn by Melania Trump at Convention Speech Sells Out
- Reports: Pro-Cruz Forces Threaten Mass Walkout
- Tom Cotton: Trump Not Afraid to Call the ‘Enemy By Its Name’
- GOP Leaders, Donors Strategize to Keep Senate Majority
- Paul Ryan: Trump’s ‘Not My Kind of Conservative’
- Steve King: ‘Whole White People Business’ Getting ‘a Little Tired’
- Giuliani: Trump Knows Enemy Is ‘Islamic Extremist Terrorism’
- Sheriff David Clarke: ‘Blue Lives Matter’
- Trump: Charge Those Who Call for Cop Killings
- Trump-RNC Fundraiser Quits After Floor Vote Squashed
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Donald Trump hit two home runs this week. The first, immediately following the horrific terrorist truck attack in Nice, was his statement in a media interview that if elected he would ask Congress for a declaration of war to combat global terrorism. The second was the inspired selection of Indiana governor Mike Pence to join the GOP ticket.” – Columnist Larry Kudlow