If Ted Cruz wasn’t going to honor his written pledge to endorse the winner of the Republican presidential primary, he should have just stayed away from the convention in Cleveland. I’m glad he didn’t.
By accepting Donald Trump’s gracious invitation to speak without pre-conditions and using the opportunity to promote himself and not the GOP ticket, Lyin’ Ted demonstrated to the nation exactly why so many of his Senate colleagues can’t stand his guts.
His excuse? Trump made it “personal” but going after his wife and father during the heated GOP primary.
Fine. Then boycott the convention like Jeb Bush and John Kasich did. But you don’t go to a dinner party and take a giant dump in the middle of the host’s living room because you’re mad at the guest of honor.
In so doing so at the GOP’s convention, this classless, self-centered chucklehead killed his political future before a national televised audience. Even if everything he’s banking on about Trump turns out to be true, the vast majority of conservatives will never forgive or forget his stench.
The best part: Trump reportedly knew in advance that Cruz wasn’t going to endorse him and let him do it anyway. Something about “when your opponent is about to commit suicide, don’t interfere.”
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. As a Newt Gingrich supporter, I was skeptical of the choice of Mike Pence as Trump’s running mate. But not after his speech last night. He hit it out of the park. And assumed the mantle of the National Keeper of the Conservative Agenda.
Viguerie: Ted Cruz Committed Political Suicide On National TV
“Failing to endorse the Trump – Pence ticket last night was not good for Ted Cruz, conservatives, Republicans, and America. Cruz speech. And most importantly for those of us who endorsed Ted Cruz and worked for him in the Republican primaries, he betrayed the trust we gave him that he was a bigger man than his attackers and that there was a cause greater than self in the hard-fought battles of the Republican primaries.”
“After failing to endorse the Trump-Pence ticket last night, in eyes of most conservatives with whom I spoke, Ted Cruz became just another self-centered politician who walked back on a promise, failed to live up to his own Biblical standards and, when the battle raged the fiercest, put his own petty hurts before the future of his country and the conservative cause.”
- That Moment When Ted Cruz Doused Himself With Gasoline and Lit the Match On Stage
- Ted Cruz Denied Entry Into Sheldon Adelson’s Suite Following RNC Speech
- Mike Pence nailed it with his speech at the GOP convention
- RNC crowd erupts in cheers as Laura Ingraham challenges ‘bruised’ former rivals who haven’t backed Trump
- Ann Coulter: Trump Could “Crush” Electoral College With Only A Slight Increase In The White Vote In Several Key States
- Ivanka Trump on Republicans Skipping Convention: It’s Their Choice Not to Be Part of The Future
- Sean Smith’s Mother Tells GOP Delegates: ‘I Blame Hillary Clinton’
- Rudy Giuliani Brings Downs the House in Cleveland
- Marcus Luttrell Challenges Americans: “Who Among You will Love Something More than You Love Yourself?”
- Melania Trump’s Big Difference from Michelle Obama: American Pride
- Duck Dynasty’s Willie Mocks ‘Media Experts’ Who Have Been ‘Humbled’ by Donald Trump
- Trump ‘Sent From God,’ Says Parent of Son Murdered by Illegal Alien
- How CNN Muzzled Victims’ Voices at Republican National Convention
- Trump: US Should Aid NATO Allies Only if ‘They Fulfill Their Obligations to Us’
- Fox News Hosts Opting to Leave Network If Ailes Is Forced Out
- Poll: Trump and Clinton Tied in Ohio
- Sarah Palin: Turncoat Cruz Has Ended His Career
- Manafort: Cruz Showed ‘Bad Judgment’ by Not Endorsing Trump
- Michael Moore: Trump Will Win Election
- RNC Speech Sparks Talk of Donald Trump Jr. for NYC Mayor
- Gizzi: Cruz Blasted Over Failed Power Play
- Angry Reactions Abound After Cruz Speech
- Pete King: Cruz Is ‘a Fraud, He’s a Liar, He’s Self-Centered’
BLACK LIES MATTER
- Sheriff David Clark Rocks RNC With Pro-Cop Message: Blue Lives Matter
- Elbert Guillory Shares His Advice To Young Black People On Interacting With Police
- BLM Members Arrested After Causing Traffic Jam
- Dems: ‘We’re Panicked’
- INVESTIGATION: The Clinton Foundation Was Set Up To Be Corrupt
- John McCain’s Primary Challenger: ‘Donald Trump Helps Me’
- California announces big Obamacare hikes
- GOP platform uses long airport lines to call for TSA reform
- Republicans Vote To Include Right-To-Work On Party Platform
- Fewer People Are Starting Their Own Businesses
- Ice Cube Refuses to Stop Performing ‘F*ck the Police’ after Cop Shootings
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Tries to Save Ratings-Bomb Colbert by Bashing Trump
- Donald Trump Just Got Ripped By…Macaulay Culkin?
- Melania Trump Dress Sells Out Less Than An Hour After RNC Speech
- Expert: ‘Pokemon Go’ could allow hackers total phone takeover
- Great Great Granddaughter of Original ‘Ben-Hur’ Author Gives Epic a Modern Facelift
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Public Educated Liberal Can’t Do Simple ESA Tuition Math
(Chuck Muth) – Annette Magnus is the executive director of some left-wing Nevada cuckoo club called Battle Born Progress who hates the idea of poor kids getting a good education. But before getting to her ignorance, let’s review a part of Donald Trump Jr.’s terrific speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland…
“The other party gave us public schools that far too often fail our students, especially those who have no options. Growing up, my siblings and I we were truly fortunate to have choices and options that others don’t have. We want all Americans to have those same opportunities. . . .
“You know why other countries do better on K through 12? They let parents choose where to send their own children to school. That’s called competition. It’s called the free market. And it’s what the other party fears.
“They fear it because they’re more concerned about protecting the jobs of tenured teachers than serving the students in desperate need of a good education.”
The inconvenient truth that liberals refuse to accept is that public education should be about educating children, not operating public schools. It should be about learning, not grades, degrees and graduation statistics.
And where and how that learning takes place should be as much up to the child’s parents as their choice of doctor and hospital.
Now back to Ms. Magnus…
Click here to continue reading
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“We should all, even all you boys with wounded feelings and bruised egos, pledge to support Donald Trump now.” – Conservative talk-how host Laura Ingraham in Wednesday night GOP convention speech
“I know we can’t win as Republicans without being unified. There’s no exception. Donald Trump is the nominee. If you want a Republican, get behind him. If not, get the hell out of the way.” – Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson