The good news is, I wasn’t involved in the accident. It happened in front of me and I just played the role of Good Samaritan.
I helped push the car off the highway to unblock rush-hour traffic on its way to Vegas for the weekend and let the two young 20-something girls from San Diego who crashed into the back of a pick-up truck sit in my air-conditioned car (it was over 100 degrees out) until paramedics and Highway Patrol arrived.
The better news is that no one was seriously injured – although one of the girls was taken to the Barstow Community Hospital to have a shoulder injury looked at (probably from the airbag that went off).
After about an hour on the side of the road, I proceeded to Las Vegas and picked up my 16-year-old daughter from her friend’s house on the way.
Kristen, for her part, had picked up her learner’s permit the day before.
Now I know why professionals teach driver’s ed. You’ve GOT to have a brave heart.
But everything went fine and no animals or humans were killed, maimed or injured. Thus another milestone in a parent’s life has been reached and breached.
Happy for Kristen; sad for Dad.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. Don’t tell Sen. Ford, but the two girls from San Diego were black. Now get this: I didn’t care that they were black and they didn’t care that I was white. Go figure, huh?
Oh, and I let the driver of the car use my cell to call her mom since her phone wasn’t getting a signal. As the girl was pretty shaken up, she asked me to talk to her mom and give her all the information needed to call the insurance company, make arrangements to have the vehicle towed, and come get the kids.
And her mom didn’t care that I was white either – though to be fair she might not have known I was a “cracker” since we weren’t using Facetime. She was just very appreciative that I was there and helped her daughter in a clearly scary situation.
Is that the craziest thing or what?
OPERATION RINO HUNT
I was at an undisclosed location about an hour north of Los Angeles for two days working on a series of campaign commercials with the video guru and his team who did my friend Herman Cain’s presidential campaign commercials back in 2012.
The tattooed/bare-footed candidate’s name is Paul Nehlen. He’s running in an August 9 GOP primary against the #1 establishment Republican in Congress.
And he’s definitely not your typical Republican candidate.
Click here to see his first campaign commercial and where/how the yellow dump truck I mentioned on Friday fits into the picture. This one’s gonna be fun!
- Muhammad Ali Backed Reagan and Many Other Republicans
- Obama Adds 42 Commutations in Push to Free Nonviolent Felons
- Trump: ‘Possible’ Muslim Judge Would Treat Him Unfairly, Too
- Gingrich: Trump’s Attack on Judge ‘Completely Unacceptable, Inexcusable’
- McConnell: ‘Couldn’t Disagree More’ with Trump on Judge
- Clinton Won’t Disavow Gun Tax Proposal
- Michael Reagan: Third Party Candidate Would Give It to Hillary
- NM Gov. Susana Martinez to Meet With Trump in ‘Near Future’
- Hillary’s Campaign Frustrated Over Low Approval Ratings
- Sanders Says Clinton Can’t Claim Democratic Win on Tuesday
- A Sanders Win in California Could Affect Both Races
- Court Papers: Trump’s Statements Aren’t Hurting His Business
- California Marks Record Number of Registered Voters
- Warren Slams Trump, Calls Him ‘Fraudster-in-Chief’
- Pelosi Not Yet Saying if She’s Endorsing Clinton or Sanders
- Bill Clinton: GOP ‘Slobbered All Over’ Hillary Until Election
- Hillary on Trump U-Clinton Foundation Comparisons: ‘Absurd’
- Trump Has ‘Love’ for Cruz, Assigns Nickname to ‘Lyin’ Hillary
- Tom DeLay on Hillary’s Trump Speech: ‘Like a Comedy Central Show’
- Mitch McConnell Slams Jim DeMint in New Memoir
- Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka Ain’t Faking, He’s Too Incompetent for Murder Trial, Says Judge
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
So there’s a lame, full-page political ad in today’s Las Vegas Review-Journal paid for by something called the “No Solar Tax Pac” which reads (yes, foolishly in all caps)…
AND THE NEW ENERGY
INDUSTRY TASK FORCE
NEVADA’S 23,000 ROOFTOP
Yes, “customer,” not “customers.”
I’m guessing a full-page ad like this in the Sunday edition of Nevada’s largest newspaper probably would run around $15,000-20,000. As such, you’d think somebody would, you know, proof-read it first. And apparently you’d be wrong.
I wonder what PR/advertising firm pulled this boner?
- Sandoval’s “Slimy Liars” Go on the Attack
- Police Report Filed Accuses Assemblyman PK O’Neill of Stealing Campaign Signs
- Sebelius: Harry Reid, you’re not helping!
- Editorial: Toys instead of fines – Another great idea from Bob Beers!
CITIZEN OUTREACH PAC ENDORSEMENT
For the official 2016 Citizen Outreach PAC endorsement list, click here
For a complete list of 2016 Nevada candidates who have signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, click here
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Obama has now commuted more prison sentences than the last seven presidents combined.” – Gawker.com, 6/4/16