(Jeff Stone) – A State of the Union Address is basically a report card of the current successes , or lack thereof, of the present administration. It should not be platform to be disingenuous of contemporary life in the USA and it’s leadership abroad as we heard tonight.
I have leaned, as a successful elected official over 27 years, to be truthful with one’s electorate, and be consistent in one’s discourse with your electorate.
I believe President Biden failed on the former and the latter.
- Biden advocated tonight to “secure our borders” which is 100% contrary to his actions on our Southerly border ! Our brave border patrol agents have been admonished for doing the jobs they were hired to do and forced to ‘turn a blind eye’ to those illegally crossing the border into this Country. (Over 2 million illegal aliens, including potential terrorists and those that want to do harm to our Country).
The opiate epidemic and horrific loss of life due to fentanyl overdoses is primarily due to ‘purposeful lax border enforcement’ and letting opiate smugglers bring fentanyl disguised as heroin into our country killing over 50,000 people in the past year alone!
Yet President Biden blamed physicians tonight for the opiate epidemic which was a ‘slap in the face’ to so many physicians that prescribe FDA approved narcotics to treat severe and debilitating pain. President Biden, STOP using our physicians as “scapegoats” for your failed policies !
- The President says inflation is hurting the middle and working classes yet he and the democrats were warned that their BIG spending of trillions of dollars would trigger this dastardly tax on our most vulnerable populations! And guess what….he wants to spend even MORE!!!!
He complains about the high price of gasoline at the pumps, yet his polices, Including stopping the keystone pipeline here at home while promoting and publicly supporting the Nord Stream pipeline between Germany and Russia , along with stopping all gas leases on federal lands, has certainly caused the exorbitant prices we see today.
One has to wonder if the millions in consultant fees received by his Son Hunter (he has no knowledge of the petroleum industry) from Russian oligarchs, garnered his blessing for a gas pipeline from Russia to Europe while killing thousands of energy jobs here at home by killing the Keystone pipeline!
- His disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan leaving American civilians in harms way and leaving billions of dollars of taxpayer funded military infrastructure behind for our enemies to use against us or our allies was an affirmative message to Putin that he could invade Ukraine in what will be one of the biggest humanitarian crisis’ of this century by a ruthless, blood-thirsty dictatorial thug.
What’s next? China has been given the green light to invade Taiwan, a non-NATO country. It’s also codifies Bashar Assad’s ruthless killing of his own people in Syria while we stand silent to these atrocities. Yitzhak wrote in a poem “Never again” which was later adopted to witnessing the atrocities committed by the Nazi’s in WW2, yet it seems we have indeed forgotten that after witnessing the massacre of innocent civilians in Syria, China , and now in the Ukraine.
- Biden celebrated the new era of a maskless society! He gave no credit to President Trump’s “Operation Warp Speed” (like him or hate him he delivered the vaccine quicker than any vaccine in history saving millions of lives around the globe). Why did he abandon the mask mandate? Because the polling showed the that the citizens of this country are very angry about COVID mandates and inflation. The old political adage is that “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” still works today.
- He now claims he want to FUND MORE police while his democratic cronies still want to defund the police, yet he admonishes police as racists needing more reforms. His decriminalization policies have caused a rise in violent crime in Cities across the USA!
- Now he wants employees of the federal government to actually show up to work and advocating that kids attend school again after pandering to the powerful teacher’s unions throughout the pandemic! Again, he and his staff are responding to the polls showing that parents have had enough of our nanny-government policies yet he pivots like it was all due to his leadership (failed)!
- He claims he wants to bring manufacturing of iron, microchips, and other items back to the USA. Where was this attitude when he was Vice-President and President Obama shipped more jobs to China than any other administration? China dumped iron on our Country which put many of our major steel mills out of business while he and Pres Obama looked away!
Oh, but clean energy like solar and wind and higher labor costs than China will make iron made in the USA cheaper than the iron we buy from China today? What planet is he living on?
My Friends, if there is one important thing I have learned as an elected official for 27 years, is that ‘public safety’ is my number ONE property.
- -embracing the lefts assault on the oil industry requiring us to buy petroleum from our enemies is NOT enhancing our public safety.
- -allowing our open border policies potentially allowing terrorists, human traffickers, and deadly drugs to come into our Country in NOT enhancing our public safety.
- -Recklessly spending us into serious debt ($30 T) with our enemies holding the paper is NOT enhancing our public safety.
- -embracing radical criminal justice reforms has NOT enhanced our public safety.
- -The highest inflation in 40 years will put more working families on the street homeless is NOT enhancing our public safety.
- -He talks tough about helping Ukraine yet we gather around the televisions watching what poor planning by his administration is causing…..the slaughter of innocent civilians which could have been minimized if not prevented by better planning as Putin was amassing troops since last April on the Ukraine/Russia border . His insubordination over Ukraine puts the United States and its citizens in harms way is NOT enhancing our public safety.
Summary: The State of Our Union is in TURMOIL caused by the reckless leadership of a cognitively impaired President with his “incompetent cast of characters” in his cabinet.
On a scale of A thru F, President Biden and his administration deserve an F, failing all Americans and the millions of patriots that have given the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms and liberties we cherish today.
It may be Ukraine today, but if we don’t pivot soon, it could be the USA tomorrow.
The positions I have taken here are my own points of view only, albeit, shared by many.
Mr. Stone is a Republican candidate for Nevada Senate District 20 in Clark County