(Team NumbersUSA) You want to end illegal immigration and fix our immigration enforcement system. We certainly look forward with great hope to the possibility of having a president who will support real reforms, instead of undermining existing law.
But if you and I want lasting change — change that survives the NEXT presidential election(sorry to mention 2020, folks) — we have to strengthen our laws.
Too many of lawmakers have skated by on paying homage to ending illegal immigration, but haven’t really done anything.
So we present a ten-point plan for change.
- Make E-Verify mandatory for all U.S. employers to eliminate the jobs magnet.
- Complete the Congressionally-mandated biometric entry/exit system to track non-immigrant visitors to the U.S.
- End the practice of granting birthright citizenship for illegal aliens and foreign visitors.
- Require state and local law enforcement to report affirmatively all non-citizens in custody to ICE, make ICE detainers mandatory, and require ICE to pick up and remove deportable aliens.
- Expand expedited removal to include all illegal aliens with criminal convictions.
- End catch-and-release of illegal aliens by requiring that they be detained until removal.
- Deny immigrant and nonimmigrant visas to nations that refuse to repatriate their citizens.
- Reform the judicial process in immigration courts, including restricting relief from removal, to expedite the process and reduce the backlog of cases.
- Restrict asylum to the internationally recognized definition of those who are unable to be returned to the home country due to a well-founded fear of (state) persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Allow Border Patrol access to all federal lands.