(Andrew Prokop, CNBC ) Polls released over the past few days show Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump in several key swing states, in a trend that should set off alarm bells for Democrats.
These new polls, from several different outlets, show Trump ahead in some states where he hasn’t led any polls in months, and some are the best general election poll results Trump has ever gotten. Here’s the rundown:
- In Iowa, a new Monmouth poll shows Trump winning by a massive 8 points. Now, Iowa has generally been Trump’s best swing state, but still, this is his best performance there in any poll tracked by HuffPost Pollster this campaign.
- In Ohio, two polls from Bloomberg and CNN show Trump soaring to a 5-point lead — again, his biggest margin in the state in any poll tracked by HuffPost Pollster all campaign. And another Ohio poll from Suffolk released Thursday showed Trump up by 3 points.
- In Florida, a CNN poll shows Trump winning by 3 points, his best performance since before the conventions.
- In Nevada, Clinton is down by 2 points, according to Monmouth. She had led inpost-convention polls.
- And in Maine, which most expected to be a safe Democratic state and not a swing state, Clinton leads Trump by a mere 3 points, according to Colby College/Survey USA.