To Heck with Congressman Heck? Not So Fast…
Over a year ago – even before the first GOP presidential debate – I wrote a column titled “Trump Fever: Catch It!” So I’ve been a Donald Trump supporter for a long time.
As such, I was certainly not a happy camper when a number of Republican elected officials recently withdrew their support from Trump over a leaked conversation that included “locker room” talk which actually pales by comparison to just about any Lisa Lampanelli comedy routine.
One of those elected officials was Nevada Congressman Joe Heck, who is now running for Harry Reid’s U.S. Senate seat. In response, many Trump supporters are now saying they won’t vote for Dr. Heck. And believe me, I get it. I had the exact same initial reaction. However…
Just like if you don’t vote for Trump you’re voting for Hillary Clinton, if you don’t vote for Heck you’re voting for Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto-Reid. And if she wins, that has potential consequences every bit as horrific as putting Crooked Hillary back in the White House.
The fact is Republicans have only a slim majority in the U.S. Senate right now. And if you look at the electoral map, whichever party wins the Nevada seat could very well be the party that controls the majority when the Election Day smoke clears.
If Masto-Reid wins, that means uber-liberal New York Sen. Chuck Schumercould be the next Senate Majority Leader. And if Trump wins, that means Schumer will bottle up all of the reforms and changes Republicans otherwise would be able to make.
On the other hand, if Hillary wins that means Schumer will grease her agenda through the Senate the same way Reid did for Obama. Remember, that’s how we got ObamaCare!
Worse, Clinton and Schumer will be filling SUPREME COURT vacancies. And if we lose the Supreme Court, that won’t just be a problem for our nation over the next four years, but for the next FORTY.
Folks, if you don’t vote for Heck and he loses, that means he gets to return to his private life as a very successful physician. But you and I will be stuck with Masto-Reid for the next six years, and possibly Majority Leader Schumer.
So in reality, we won’t really be hurting Dr. Heck so much as ourselves, Nevada and possibly the entire nation.
Yeah, it’s a crummy hand. But at this late date and under these circumstances, those are the cards we have to play. It’s too late to reshuffle the deck for this election cycle.
On the other hand, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval, Sen. Dean Heller and Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison – all of whom fled the kitchen when it got too hot – could well be on a GOP primary ballot in 2018. And that will be the right time and place to return the favor. #NeverForget.
- Trump Steps Up Attacks Over ‘Phony’ Sex Harassment Claims
- David Brody: Evangelicals Will ‘Hold Their Noses,’ Vote for Trump
- Poll: Trump Back in Lead, Takes 2-Point Advantage Over Clinton
- John Podesta’s Twitter Account Hacked
- In Key Battleground, Love for Late Dem Shifts to Trump
- Trump Lawyers Demand NY Times Retraction
- Bill Bennett: Hillary ‘Crowd Anti-Catholic for a Long Time’
- Zito: ‘Drip, Drip, Drip of Emails’ May Seriously Damage Hillary
- Pence: Trump Will Appoint Special Prosecutor for Hillary
- Gingrich: Trump ‘Ought to Quit Tweeting by Himself’
- Trump: Hillary Clinton ‘Has to Go to Jail’
- Fox News: Decision to Not Prosecute Hillary Left FBI, DOJ Disgusted
- WSJ: Amazon to Build Grocery Stores
- Poll: White and Black Americans Widely Divided on National Anthem Protests
- ISIS Exploding Drones, Like Toy Planes, May Target Americans
- Minnesota’s Democratic Governor: Affordable Care Act ‘No Longer Affordable’
THE BIG SELLOUTSKI
- Hof Issues Incredible Debate Challenge to “The Big Selloutski”
- Oscarson campaign billboard taken down after apparent copyright claim
- Hof Campaign Releases 5 New Radio Spots
- Oscarson to Cancer & AIDS Patients: Drop Dead!
- The 2016 Race Is Tearing This Brothel Apart
- Hof Interview on Nevada Newsmakers
- George Harris: Meth-Heads are More Trustworthy than James Oscarson
- Taxpayer Champion Grover Norquist Applauds Hof for Signing Tax Pledge
- Former Assemblyman Goedhart Goes with Hof
- Assemblyman Moore Backs Hof
- Assemblywoman Fiore Endorses Hof
- Lawrence: Hof Last, Best Hope for Nevada Taxpayers
- Trenner: Hof is the Only One You Can Trust in AD36 Race
- Businessman Jim Marsh Says Hof is the Man
- Former Nye County GOP Chief Chooses Hof
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“’Who is Donald Trump?’ The better question may be, ‘What is Donald Trump?’ The answer? A giant middle finger from average Americans to the political, academic and media establishment.” –Roy Kaplan, New Yorker Magazine
“The entire campaign has been flushed down to: Did Donald Trump manhandle (pun intended) more women in more disgusting ways than Bill Clinton? Here’s my prediction: It won’t matter. Other than making us change the channel on the TV in the kitchen from a cable news program to something on the History Channel about World War II, I don’t believe any significant number of people will change their vote from Clinton to Trump, or the other way around.” – Rich Galen, Mullings.com