Subsidized Maternity Leave? We’ll Agree to Disagree on This One…
As everyone knows, I’m a YUGE Donald Trump supporter. But that doesn’t mean I support every idea he has or position he’s taken.
For example, I do not support the mass deportation of 12 million illegal aliens. We’re gonna have to find a different solutions to this problem caused by the federal government’s failure to sufficiently enforce existing immigration laws for the last three decades.
I’m also having trouble with his new proposal to guarantee six weeks of PAID maternity leave.
Why should her employer or, worse, taxpayers pay for and subsidize maternity leave?
The individual choice to start a family comes with a responsibility to provide for that family. That’s the family’s responsibility, not the government’s. Tax credits and tax incentives are one thing; but direct subsidization?
We’ll just have to agree to disagree with Mr. Trump on this one…though I can certainly see it as a winning issue with many of today’s “entitlement” voters.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
Proud “Basket of Deplorables” Member!
P.S. MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough continues to act like a spurned lover now that Donald Trump won’t give his little-watched TV show the time of day. In his latest on-air hissy fit this morning over Trump’s child care proposals, “Morning Joe” said…
“Republicans don’t want to hear it. People that support Trump don’t want to hear it. He’s not a conservative. He’s not even a Republican. He’s a big government liberal from Manhattan who has been a big government liberal . . . He’s a liberal Democrat who hijacked an entire party.”
Poor Little Joe. Like most establishment Republicans he just doesn’t understand what is driving the grassroots support for Trump.
It’s not that we agree with him on every issue. We don’t. It’s that we agree with him on enough issues and agree with him 100% that the Republican establishment is as much a threat to our nation as liberals are. Take a Midol, Joe.
- Pelosi: Trump Not the Only Republican ‘Off the Arc’
- Ohio Battleground Poll: Trump Has 5-Point Lead
- Dick Morris: Memo to Trump: Hillary’s Sickness and Your ‘Second Chance’
- President Trump Could Wipe $420B Off China’s Exports
- Trump Child-Care Plan: ‘A Better Future for All Americans’
- Trump: Hillary’s ‘Deplorables’ Worse Than Romney’s ’47 Percent’
- Nervous Dems Fret About Clinton’s Stumbles as Race Tightens
- Krauthammer: Trump’s Child Care ‘Out-Democrats’ Democrats
- Dr. Oz: I’ll Ask Trump ‘Pointed Questions’ About His Health
- Colin Powell: ‘Hillary’s Mafia’ Hounded Me on Emails
- Colin Powell Defends Himself Over Email Advice to Hillary
- Report: $37.4M of US Transfer Went to Terrorists
- Buffett Loses $1.4 Billion as Wells Fargo Stock Tumbles on Scandal
- Poll: California Voters Strongly Support Gun Control Initiative
- Guccifer 2.0’s Latest Dump Reveals Dems’ Massive Pay-to-Play Operation
- NC Police Issue Arrest Warrant in Assault on 69-Year-Old Woman Protester at Trump Rally
- NY GOP Lawmaker Wins Primary Days After Killing Himself
- Clinton in Default in Benghazi Wrongful Death Suit
THE BIG SELLOUTSKI
If James Oscarson Wants to Play Dirty Politics, Bring It On!
By Dennis Hof
A lot of people have been asking if I’m serious about running for the Nevada State Assembly seat currently held by the hot-tempered, tax-hiking incumbent, James Oscarson. To borrow a phrase, the short answer is…
As serious as a heart attack.
And you can bet Mr. Oscarson and his cadre of political slime-ballers are taking my candidacy seriously, as well. Get this…
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
- Why a Trump victory in November is a virtual certainty
- Cortez Masto avoiding debates, puts one media outlet ahead of all others, including voters
- Heck Applauds House Passage of CTE Reauthorization
- As Las Vegas’ NFL stadium marches toward reality, burning questions remain
- New Yorkers back from Burning Man won’t stop whining
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Mr. Oscarson, have you ever been arrested in a state other than Nevada? And if so, for what and what was your sentence? I can’t wait to hear the response.” – Dennis Hof, candidate for Nevada State Assembly District 36