The Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson Airport Act Of 2016
(Chuck Muth | The Daily Caller) – No one on the left or right credibly denies that much of America’s aging infrastructure is crumbling or outdated. The sticky question, as is so often the case with such issues, is not whether or not more needs to be done but how to pay for it.
Liberals generally believe it’s the American taxpayer who should shoulder the burden – preferably “the rich.” Conservatives generally believe it’s those who actually use the roads, railways and airports who should be responsible for their upkeep.
Because of this fundamental funding difference, the left claims conservatives are opponents of infrastructure investment in general. Which reminds me of that old Reagan line about liberals not being ignorant, “It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.”
On the other hand, and much like repealing ObamaCare, the right should do more than simply say no to liberal tax-and-spend proposals they oppose. Conservatives should offer their own thoughtful and distinctly conservative proposals for dealing with our various infrastructure needs.
Click here to read the full column
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. Here’s a running list of spoiled, rich anti-American NFL players who either refuse to stand for the National Anthem or insist on insulting the nation by raising a Nazi-like “black power” closed fist as the Star Spangled Banner is playing…
- Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid: 49ers
- Antoine Bethea and Eli Harold: 49ers
- Brandon Marshall: Broncos
- Kenny Britt and Robert Quinn: Rams
- Jelani Jenkins, Arian Foster, Michael Thomas and Kenny Stills: Dolphins
- Jurrell Casey, Jason McCourty and Wesley Woodyard: Titans
- Martellus Bennet and Devin McCourty: Patriots
- Marcus Peters: Chiefs
- Jeremy Lane: Seahawks
Don’t know about you, but I’m boycotting any products these jerks endorse, as well as refusing to watch any games played by these teams if they refuse to take action against these ass-clowns. And no, there is no “free speech” right when it comes to their employers, only the government.
- Trump: Country’s Divisions ‘Getting Worse,’ Time for Nationwide Stop and Frisk
- Gingrich: Nation’s Violence Shows Obama’s ‘Tragic Failure of Leadership’
- Al Sharpton: ‘We Have a Policing Problem’
- Giuliani: ‘No Excuse’ for Rioting in Charlotte
- Hillary: I Don’t Understand Why I’m Not 50 Points Ahead
- Kellyanne Conway: Hillary ‘Easily Flummoxed’ in Bernie Debates
- Trump’s Debate Plans: I’ll ‘Be Nice’ and ‘Very Respectful’
- Trump Weighs Aggressive Tactics Against Clinton in 1st Debate
- Obama to Vanity Fair: ‘Fears’ Stoke Support for Trump
- Advertisers Want Piece of Trump-Clinton Debate
- Rasmussen: Trump Leads Clinton Nationally By 5 Points
- Virginia Poll: Trump Cuts Lead in Half, Trails Clinton by 7 Points
- YouTube to Live-Stream Debates
- Tea Party Patriots Endorse Trump
- Fox Poll: Trump Leads in Nevada, NC, Ohio
- Marquette Poll: Hillary Lead Dwindling in Wisconsin
THE BIG SELLOUTSKI
After Assembly District 36 candidate Dennis Hof published Monday on Twitter a number of posts about Nevada State Assemblyman James “The Big Selloutski” Oscarson being busted for assault and disorderly conduct at a youth soccer game in Flagstaff, Arizona back in 1997, it appears the Oscarson camp threw a temper-tantrum and filed a complaint.
Twitter suspended Hof’s campaign account on Tuesday morning. But after Hof’s folks submitted documentation that the “fan rage” accusations were 100% truthful and accurate, the account was re-activated Wednesday afternoon.
What caused Mr. Oscarson to blow his stack this time? Click here
8 Things You should Know about the Las Vegas Dome Stadium Proposal
(Chuck Muth) – As the saying goes, opportunity only knocks once. And this is probably the only opportunity Las Vegas will have in our lifetime to diversify & expand its entertainment opportunities while landing an NFL football team. Let’s hope Nevada legislators don’t blow this opportunity. Here are some things to bear in mind for conservatives as it relates to the proposed Las Vegas Dome stadium…
Click here to continue reading
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
“Adelson to spend at least $45 million on 2016 races in boost for GOP,” by CNN’s Theodore Schleifer:
“Conservative megadonor Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam, have committed roughly $45 million so far to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and downballot Republicans’ attempt to control Congress, according to a person familiar with Adelson’s thinking. The billionaire on Tuesday will disclose having given $20 million to the Senate Leadership Fund, a super PAC linked to George W. Bush hand Karl Rove and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. A check of a similar size is expected to go to the Congressional Leadership Fund, a similar super PAC focused on the House of Representatives.” Full story.
- Joe Heck eager for October 14 Senate debate; Continues to push for debates in Reno and Elko
- Desperate NV Dems try to attack Joe Heck on North Korea sanctions bill he cosponsored and passed
- Nevada Attorney General Adam P. Laxalt Leads Coalition of States Challenging New US Department of Labor Overtime Rule
- Welcome to Nevada: the State That Could Decide Who Becomes The Next U.S. President
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Not all Muslims are terrorists but it only takes one. If someone gave you a big bag of M&M’s and you knew that one of the M&M’s in the bag was poisonous…would you give the bag to your children? Of course not. That one tainted M&M could end their life.” – Francoise Myers