Here we go again…
I received a fundraising email from Newt Gingrich last night.
“We are at a tipping point,” the former House Speaker wrote. “If grassroots Republicans like you do not stand with us, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and all of their liberal Senate allies could OUTRAISE our Republican campaigns, spelling trouble for Republicans in November. We must act now, and fast.”
He asked for $20.16 or more. And then I looked to see who the check would be made out to…
The National Republican Senatorial Committee.
The same NRSC that has protected liberal RINO Republican incumbents while throwing conservative Republican challengers under the bus for years.
Sorry, but homey don’t play that. If the money was going to a PAC controlled and operated by Newt, I’d have kicked in in a heartbeat. But screw the NRSC.
And that concludes today’s anti-GOP establishment rant. We now return you to our regular programming.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. It’s amazing to me that many in the Republican establishment think Trump needs to pick an establishment-backed running mate to get the support of the establishment that has been working feverishly to kill Trump’s campaign for a year now.
These people do not seem to understand that Trump and his anti-establishment voters are perfectly willing to win this thing without the establishment. Actually, I think many of us would prefer it!
But let’s say Trump does lose. Why should he pick an establishment candidate so the establishment can blame the loss on Trump rather than Trump picking an anti-establishment running mate and blaming the loss on the establishment for not getting behind him?
- Romney: Can’t in Good Faith Vote for Trump or Clinton
- Romney Says His Wife, Kids Want Him to Run for President
- Trump Vows to ‘Indict’ Hillary Clinton
- Lynch Met With Bill Clinton Hours Before Benghazi Report Release
- Michael Reagan: Lynch Should Recuse Self After Meeting Bill Clinton
- Trump’s Opposition to Trade Deals Fuels GOP Split
- Trump Escalates Battle With Chamber Over Trade Plan
- Anti-Trump Resistance Hardens Among GOP Senators
- McConnell Bids to Shelter GOP Senators from Trump Upheaval
- Trump Fires Back at McConnell: Hillary ‘Not Capable’
- Mika Shocked By Howie Carr’s Mockery of Elizabeth Warren
- Think Brexit Won’t Happen? Trump White House Just as Likely
- Trump on Pledge Breakers: Forbid From Running for Office
- Elizabeth Warren Vows to Use ‘Harry Potter’ Magic to Defeat Trump
NATIONAL NEWS & VIEWS
- Summer Stunner: Trump Soars to +4 Over Clinton in Rasmussen Poll
- #NeverTrump’s Bill Kristol Floats McCain for President
- McCain Says Trump’s Support Of Waterboarding Isn’t Very American
- GOP Elite is More Hostile to Donald Trump Than to Hillary Clinton
- McConnell: Hillary ‘Intelligent and Capable,’ Trump ‘Clearly Needs to Change’
- Mike Lee Won’t Endorse Trump
- Roger Stone: Would the Gipper Endorse the Donald?
- Jake Tapper: Trump Is Living Rent Free In Obama’s Head
- SCOTUS blows opportunity to protect First Amendment
- Elizabeth Warren shifts anti-biz crusade from Wall Street to Silicon Valley
- Fox targeted by FEC Dems in first-ever vote to punish debate sponsorship
- My Meeting With Donald Trump: My Question For Mr. Trump And Next Steps (Part 4 of 4)
- First NRA anti-Clinton ad features Benghazi hero walking in military cemetery
- State Department Paid College Students $12,000 To Make Hashtags
- COULTER: This Hidden Fact Predicts Terrorism
- Swedish Police Fight Migrant Sex Attacks with… Wristbands? ‘Don’t Touch Me’… Not Written in Arabic!
- Former TSA director: Airports will add parking lot security checkpoints
- Brutal Hit-and-Run DUI Suspect Faces Immigration Hold
- GOP Guv Candidate Sununu Casts Deciding Vote To Fund Planned Parenthood in NH
- Concealed Carry Holder STOPPED A NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING And The Media Ignored It
- It’s Working: Blue Cross/Blue Shield Reports Heavy Obamacare Losses Across the Country
Sendai Airport set to be privatized on Friday
Sendai Airport in Miyagi Prefecture (Japan) is set to be privatized on Friday. It will be the first among state-managed airports in the country that switches to private-sector operations.
Retailers, restaurants find ways to cope as minimum wages start to climb
McDonald’s, Panera Bread, Wal-Mart and other major retailers are leading the way and using kiosks and other technology as they generally reduce the number of personnel dedicated to cashier functions.
- Employers Will Cut Jobs To Overcome $15 Minimum Wage
- Supreme Court denies rehearing to major union case
- Equal Pay For Less Work? Every Day Men Work 42 Minutes More Than Women
- Roseanne Barr: ‘I Did Not Endorse Donald Trump’
- Meryl Streep Joins Michelle Obama for Ramadan Feast in Morocco
- Disney Under Fire for Making ‘Moana’ Character Obese
- Oscars Now Inviting Women And Minorities After #OscarsSoWhite Backlash
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
A reader responded to my Las Vegas Dome stadium letter yesterday about Clark County Commissioner Chris G’s opposition to it. She pointed out that the new T-Mobile Arena was built without room/tourist tax dollars. Two things about that…
1.) The cost to build a 20,000-seat arena isn’t anywhere near the cost to build a 65,000-seat stadium – which is why Las Vegas already has a number of arenas, including the Thomas & Mack Center and arenas at the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay.
2.) While the T-Mobile wasn’t built with room tax dollars from tourists, what MGM did was far worse: It brought to the Las Vegas Strip the sin of PAID PARKING at all of its hotels. So the tourists staying in those rooms are absolutely paying for the arena. MGM just cut out the government middle man.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“The folks who are getting the free stuff don’t like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. So the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop and the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!” – Author unknown (h/t Sharon Wentzlaff)
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.” – David Epps