I’m absolutely lovin’ all the head-scratchin’, navel-gazin’ angst the “expert” political pundits, professional inside-the-beltway consultants, and the media talking heads are suffering over Donald Trump winning the Republican nomination for president.
“Who could possibly have seen this coming?” they ask with deer-in-the-headlights incredulity.
Actually, many of us down at ground zero in the grassroots saw it coming a mile away. In fact, here’s what I wrote way back on July 28th of last year…
To continue reading this column, click here
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Publisher / Irritator-in-Chief
P.S. The problem for Ted Cruz was that he assumed all conservatives were again looking for a “true” conservative standard-bearer. But the problem for conservatives over the last 30 years hasn’t been the absence of conservative candidates, but that the GOP establishment wouldn’t let the conservatives win.
So this year many conservative GOP voters, myself included, decided it was more important to beat the GOP establishment than to back yet another conservative who would be destroyed by the establishment. Indeed, for many of us, this election cycle isn’t just another fight for the soul of the Republican Party.
It’s a long overdue reckoning.
- Melania Trump’s Runway Walk Gives MSNBC’s Chris Matthews a Hot Mic Tingle
- DeLay: Democrat or Republican, Next President Will Have ‘No Integrity’
- Romney Says He Won’t Back Trump, Skipping Convention
- Lindsey Graham: I Won’t Vote for Trump or Clinton
- Ryan Rocks Political Landscape With Refusal to Endorse Trump
- Sen. Jeff Sessions: Ryan Not Backing Trump ‘Big Mistake’
- Carson: ‘Very Disappointed’ With Ryan’s Stance
- Trump ‘Surprised’ By Ryan: I Attract ‘Millions of People’ to GOP
- Trump Spokeswoman Pierson: Ryan Not Fit to Be Speaker
- Could Jim Webb Be Trump VP?
- Trump: My VP Pick Will Be ‘Great Republican,’ Not Democrat
- Rick Perry: I Support Trump and Would Be His VP
- Corker: ‘Let’s Chill’ When it Comes to Trump Nomination
- Trump Goes on Attack Against Clinton
- The Hill: Key States That Trump Must Win
- Bobby Jindal: Would Be ‘Great’ If Trump Discloses Cabinet Plans
- Frank Luntz: Infighting Could Lose GOP Senate and House
- Protesters Take Aim at Businesses Sponsoring GOP Convention
NATIONAL NEWS & VIEWS
- India’s Climate Plan: Breed Dwarf Cows That Don’t Fart
- London Elects Islamist-Sympathising Muslim Mayor
- Pope Francis Tells EU Leaders To ‘Tear Down’ Migrant Fences
- Heat on Huma: FBI interviewed top Clinton aide in email probe
- Chelsea Clinton: Celebrate Mother’s Day By Giving My Mom Money
- Vicente Fox: Donald Trump is a Racist
- Romney ‘Dismayed’ By All The Populism Out There In America
- Obama blasts Trump: ‘This is not entertainment’ or a ‘reality show’
- Trump: I Didn’t Inherit The Republican Party, ‘I Won It’
- Inevitable: Harsh Trump Critics Now Lining Up to Endorse Him
- Trump Campaign: Ryan Shouldn’t Be Speaker If He Can’t Back Trump
- GREG GUTFELD: Trump is a sports car, the rest are school buses
- Paglia: Strategists knew Trump was ‘most formidable’ to Clinton
- As You Would Guess, There Are No Republicans In the White House Press Corps
- The media’s credibility gap: Now the pundits predict Trump will lose to Hillary
- Cook Report: Trump vs. Clinton could be blowout
- Trump to Megyn Kelly: ‘I wasn’t so fond of you at the time’
- GOP Lobbyists struggle with Trump reality
- CHENEY READY FOR TRUMP
- These Enraged Celebs Say They’re Leaving the Country if Donald Trump is Elected President
- 41 (and counting) Celebrity Trump Supporters
- 25 of the Greatest Political One-Liners of All Time – Just in Time for the Elections!
- 35 Celebs Who Attempted Suicide…but Lived to Tell About It!
- April disappoints with 160,000 new jobs, unemployment rate 5 percent
- Another big insurer expects Obamacare losses
- Businesses Flee NYC While Mayor De Blasio Boycotts Chick-Fil-A
- Firefighters: Solar Panels Make Our Jobs Harder And More Dangerous
- 300 hours training required to shampoo hair in Tennessee
- Robots run KFC
- Black and Latina Girls Walk off Soccer Field After Whites Chant ‘Donald Trump, Build That Wall’
- Donald Trump and Oscar De Le Hoya are fighting over golf
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
After conservative Assemblyman Brent Jones accused RINO Gov. Brian Sandoval of being behind a hit piece story about a disgruntled former employee filing a BS lawsuit against Jones, the governor’s spokes-babe, Mari St. Martin, responded by issuing a statement saying claim does “not merit a response.”
So a non-response response. Got it.
- NewsMax TV to Sue GOP Leader over Refusal to Disclose Secret Credit Card Charges
- The Faces of Three Super-Predators
- Teen zip line rider showers Las Vegas tourists in urine
- Megadonor Sheldon Adelson: I’ll Back ‘Our Nominee’ Trump
- Galen: Well, That Happened
- Fiore: Congratulations President Trump
- LVRJ: Trumping the establishment
- Sebelius: Trump win puts Nevada pols in tight spot
- Sen. Heller Considers Run For Governor In 2018
- Mass Murders in 20th Century: Is it because we own guns?
TAKE THE PLEDGE OR TAKE A HIKE
For a complete list of 2016 Nevada candidates who have signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, click here
For the official 2016 Citizen Outreach PAC endorsement list of Nevada legislative candidates, all of whom have signed the Tax Pledge, click here
“As a rock-solid, limited government, libertarian Republican, Trump is probably about as far from my politics as a Republican can be. And I don’t care! I’ve been betrayed so often by the Republican establishment that I’m thrilled to vote for a candidate not beholden to them.” – Jeffrey Purtee, Reno, Nevada
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“(Donald Trump) is now the leader of the @GOP. It’s real – he is one step away from the White House.” – Tweet by liberal U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren…seemingly conceding Hillary’s defeat this fall!
“There’s a lot about Donald Trump I don’t like, but I’ll vote for Trump over Hillary any day.” – Former Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer
“(Donald) Trump has high negatives, but so does Hillary Clinton. And face it: Trump is a demonstrated winner. He is a force of nature. There are risks, but when a tiger is on the loose, the safest thing to do is jump on his back, grab his ears, and try to ride him.” – Donald Luskin of TrendMacro